Monday, October 18, 2004

I Appreciate Their Persistence

While I have recorded all of Game 5, I have only begun watching as Jeter's double emptied the bases, putting the Sox in a tough spot and possibly ending Pedro Martinez's Red Sox career. I was at my son's last fall baseball practice, and his best of the season. His season is ending on a more optimistic note than the Olde Town Team's.

I will comment briefly on the Sox's clutch performance in Game 4, avoiding the sweep while getting to Rivera again and getting a walkoff dinger from Ortiz. I only wish the game's significance was greater than saving face.

Beyond this, I have maintained my silence since Saturday deliberately, because I continue to feel none of the tension I had anticipated at the series' start. And as Manny bounces into a 5-4-3 DP here in Game 5, my silence is justified. Six outs away from diving into my Netflix wish list. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home